Moving Day is...

1. Unreal - that's right, I said it. Its completely unreal and I am in a total state of denial. Maybe its having half our stuff at one house and half at the other.
2. Exciting - like jumping off the side of the road into a ditch that you can't see the bottom of exciting.
3. Depressing - how on earth did all of this STUFF get into our house, and why oh why after packing 50 boxes is the how still full of more STUFF that needs a box to be packed in??
4. Amusing - Joshua says to me as we are waiting for his dad to show up with the new keys and let us in: "I hope he gets here soon because I want to move in to our house" I reply "He'll be here soon." "But I don't want to miss it, and then I won't get to have my new room!" "Josh, we can come here anytime we want, its our house now." "Then why are we still living at the cruddy house?"
5. A whine fest - Carly must be sensing the upcoming change in all things she knows, for despite my efforts to work hard and unpack, she won't let me get five feet away from her and heaven forbid ten minutes goes by before I pick her up!
6. A blessing - If you don't know the whole story, then you can't begin to understand all the little pieces that have been put in place and revolve around this move. Lets just say that no less than four families are all dependant on this move. No pressure there.
7. Almost over - I hope.

In other news, Carly looks extremely cute today when she is not crying (so little snatches of cute) and I wanted to take a picture. But OF COURSE the camera batteries are dead and so you'll all just have to imagine her supreme cuteness in your minds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!