Four for Friday, Hand Made Edition

Has anyone ever noticed that Hand Made sounds miles better than Home Made? Maybe it's just me.

Four things that are Hand Made and Home Made too.

1. Christmas Apple Pie made with tart and tangy Granny Smiths, just look at that mile high crust! Thanks to my mother who taught me the fine art of pie-making and my sister who fixed the crust that I made too dry.





























2. Gingerbread houses - Cha-Cha has honed her gingerbread making skills to a fine art...an art we glady put to use to produce these fine creations. (Notice on Candy Lane there is a home foreclosure up for sale. Sadly, hooligans have egged the joint!) I think, perhaps, a new Christmas Eve tradition is born in the T House!






















3. I love me a good quilt and I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of good quilt makers in the family. When Eric's mother passed away there were some shirts and things that were either too worn out or to dear for me to give away. Cha-Cha took those clothes home to CA and made them into not 1, but 3 quilts for us! Here is the quilt that Joshua is going to keep. The other two went to Eric's dad and brother. We all got a little teary eyed when we got to wrap up in a cuddly hug of a quilt. (We're still tying this quilt otherwise I would have shown you the full product.)

















4. Pretty Princess dress for Carly. Charlotte spent a good chunk of time on Friday (when we weren't shopping) sewing a pretty dress for Carly. I was supposed to be helping. I spent a good portion of my time watching and trying not to spill stuff on the fabric. I also ironed a little with my new iron. (Because apparently Santa was appalled at my lack thereof.) The dress is not quite finished but you'll be seeing it very soon in its full, twirly glory. Pinky swear.































I apologize profusely for the formatting of this post but I just give up. Blogger wants it to look this way and I am resigned to jagged edges of text rather than nice neat breaks. Blame blogger, write them nasty emails, tell them I said "Phooey!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!