Motherhood is more than carrying a child in your womb for 9 months. Motherhood is more than daily wiping of noses, cleaning of faces, filling of bellies. Motherhood is more than driving, shopping, cleaning, cooking. Motherhood is part of being a Woman, but not all of it. It is part of growing up, for some of us. It is conducive to gaining appreciation, but not for everyone. I was still a child myself, really, when I became a Mother. Joshua and I did a lot of growing up together. We both learned a lot about sacrifice. I learned how to say good-bye to him in the morning, he learned that separation from Mother wasn't such a bad thing after all. Especially since he got to go to Grandma's house (which, sorry Disney, was the happiest place on earth). I learned I could love someone until my heart might burst and be completely enraged at the same time. He learned that the wrinkling of my forehead was not a good sign for anyone. We learned a lot about time, more specifically abo...
We're busy here building lots of fun memories, like swepping and mooping, epiphany's, and the like. My sister has discovered my dirty little secret too (not THAT secret, she actually already knows and will be partaking) : I am severely destitute in the household item department. Sis: Do you have an iron? Me: No. Sis: Do you have a pastry cutter? Me: Uhh, no. Sis: I'm not even going to ask if you have drying racks. Me: No, I don't. I do have this glass thing in my cabinet, the one by where the plates are. Sis: What? Sis: Do you have an ironing board? Me: I don't have an iron, so no. Me: Oooo look an ergonomic seam ripper. Sis: Are you trying to tell me you want that? Me: Well I don't have one. Sis: ... Me: I don't have a waffle iron. Sis: I know I gave you one of those at some point. Me: Well I don't have one now. Sharp scissors? Nope, I use mine to cut paper. Thread? Nope, at least not the kind you use on a sewing machine. Frosting bags? Salt? Van...