Resolving

My husband and I decided we need to make a plan.  Actually, 4 plans.  And, actually - if I'm being honest - it was really my idea and he's just coming along for the ride because that's how it usually goes.  And I'm not sure that sounds quite like what I mean.  But, I digress.

We need 4 plans.  We don't have 4 plans and we're not sure what's going to be in those 4 plans.  But, right now we're thinking 4 plans. 

Plan 1: Budget/money/spending.  We have struggled with this for all 20 years of our marriage.  We've been bailed out, scooped up, helped out ... and still, we struggle.  So, this plan is at the top of the list of plans.

Plan 2: Shoot - I already forgot plan 2. 

Plan 3: To move or not to move, that is the question.  To move where and how and when?  We're leaning a particular direction, but...big decisions are hard.  Also, do we store our stuff or get rid of it or move it?

Plan 4: Double shoot - I forgot this one too.  I think it had to do with getting more fit.  Which is just code for pretending to drink more water, walk on the treadmill, and giving up when the scale doesn't change on day 2.  Fool-proof.

So, I guess for now we need to make 2 plans and try to remember what the other plans actually are.  We're off to a fabulous start.

See, the thing is, we're good at talking about things like this.  And we have super good intentions.  I mean, really good. 

It's our follow through that stinks.  It seems like with all the other things that come with age (wrinkles, creaking bones, inability to sleep all night, cranky-get-off-my-lawn tendencies), some follow through would be a nice counter-balance.  However, mother nature seems a lot more amused with my age spots and random gray hairs. 

Woe is me and great gnashing of teeth.

I suppose for now I'll have to settle for fear and stress as my great motivators for Plan 1 creation and follow through.  They make poor company, but it's a start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

And I didn't prepare a speech!

Forty three