Famous bloggers get free trips!

I feel like I might be obsessing. Did you know famous bloggers get free trips! And sometimes they get paid? For being a glorified editorial writer......I want to get paid to post my opinion and some pictures of my family and friends! Then I won't have to find a part time job.
One other note, and then I'll move on to something new...while reading the blog of a famous blogger I came to realize something very interesting. I am happily Mormon, and that is weird. At least according to this famous blogger. She is a "recovering Mormon", as she puts it, and she felt that she was forced to live a guilty, repressed life as a Mormon...Just typing these words I am inviting all kinds of weird ads and spam to post itself on my blog but I'll take the risk. Being Mormon doesn't mean you can't do anything fun. Being Mormon means you are free to experience the joy of life while not drunk, vomiting, smelling of cigarettes, or wondering if the last person you slept with was diseased. Being Mormon means I am not confused about who God is, about who I am, about why life is hard, or what happens when I die. Being Mormon means I don't have to feel guilty when my family is more important than money, or I don't swear in public. Being Mormon means I'm free of the world's pressure to be cool, popular, lypo-suctioned, rich, and unhappy. Kudos to anyone that is not Mormon and is still happy. Good for you, that's great however you're doing it. But, I'd rather be a weird Mormon.

Comments

Betina said…
Hi! I saw your comment on Jenn's blog, THEN I saw your pictures and read a bit and realized you have an adopted child. This automatically puts you in the secret adoption club, so WELCOME! I especially am interested in your story since you have an interracial adoption...

Both my kids are adopted, we are starting papers for #3. I just love knowing other people with cool adoption stories. I will add you to my "favorites" and check in from time to time.

I am also happily Mormon.

I was rather diappointed in the blurbodoocery for their Amsterdam indulgences. Sigh.
Sarah said…
Hey, Betina! I am glad to be welcomed to the "club". We are in the midst of what has been one of the hardest tests of our life and seeing that there is success for others is really comforting for us. Jerry and I have known each other since middle school, thus Jen is by default "in the family" and any friend of hers is automatically a friend of mine! Glad to have you stopping by!
Silly Teacher said…
Hi guys! I'm glad you guys are in touch.
Silly Teacher said…
By the way? What is going on with the finalization? Angelica told me a bit. We are thinking of you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

And I didn't prepare a speech!

Forty three