The mind of a child

A conversation with Joshua this morning:

Josh: You know, I was a little jealous of Carly when we first got her because you guys were giving her so much attention.

Mom: Yes, well you know she is just little and she can't do anything for herself yet so we have to do lots of stuff for her.

~At this piont the aforesaid mom (me) launches into an explanation that we love both kids, sort of the "remove this guilt from me" speech. Joshua is silent throughout~

Mom: So, what are you thinking about?

Josh: I'm thinking about playing tag at recess today


I'm not sure why, but this really struck my funny bone. Perhaps it was the five minute discussion I engaged in (largely with myself) on the topic of parental love for children, only to find out at the end that Josh had already moved on to thinking about tag...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!