Small mercies...

Some how, some way, for reasons I can not begin to understand, God is watching out for me. He has me in the hollow of His hand, and I am so grateful to be there. What brought this on, you faithful two readers, ask? Well today I had to run to Farmington Hills, which is about a forty five minute drive with traffic (in Michigan they don't talk miles, they talk minutes). When I left home I had a quarter of a tank of gas. When I got to my destination, the gas gauge was sitting stubbornly on E. Being ill prepared, I had no cash, no credit card (spawn of the devil!), and no check card on me. So, I had no choice but to pray my way home. Some how, some way, for reasons I can not begin to understand, the fumes in my tank carried me all the way back to the bank and gas station - 45 minutes away. Never once did the tank sputter or shudder and Carly and I made it safely back home. Small mercies are the type that move big mountains over time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!