The Nightly News

Well its actually the morning news, but the nightly news has a much better ring to it. Joshua is heading out the door to school and Carly is down for a frequent nap, so I am taking the window of down time to update what we've been up to in the last few weeks.
We've actually been fairly busy doing "stuff" which is somewhat new. For the most part we are non-doers and just stay home. But Aunt Cha-Cha smiled on us and organized a trip to San Diego for me, Josh and Carly. (Poor Eric didn't have the time/money to take off from work.) I have to admit to a certain amount of trepidation when it came to a day long flight from MI to CA...Carly is a squirmer and fusser when scenery isn't changing and I had her booked as a lap child, which basically means I get to hold her the whole way unless a seat becomes available. Imagine my pleasant surprise when there were plenty of extra seats and Carly whined less than Josh did on the trip - which was hardly at all! I was soooo relieved and upon reaching the crazy San Diego airport, soooo happy to see my mom, Charlotte, my nephew Kadin, and my nieces Marion and Kiana (possibly the three best looking kids in the world next to my own). Squeezing all of us and our mounds of luggage into an Excursion was "interesting", to say the least, and after a short drive during which I lost feeling in my foot thanks to a stroller wedged in my lap, we found our hotel and disembarked. Thus began a few days of play play play. Angie and Ben (parents of the aforesaid Marion and Kiana) met up with us for our outings to the USS Midway - worth the stop if you're ever in SD - and LEGOLAND!! Legoland was, naturally, tons o fun despite my mom heading off on her own with Carly in tow and Joshua getting a broken boat (the outcome of which was many tears and a Legoland worker busting out hip high waders to rescue my little boy stuck in the canal by himself). At the end of the day I had the worst sunburn EVER and a pocket full of happiness. And some Legos, it goes without saying. Our final day was spent in Old Town San Diego, another worthwhile spot to visit, and included a stop at the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center. We went to all these places last year on our Legoland visit and still we found them just as entertaining. We had some DELICIOUS Mexican food in Old Town, which is pretty much my idea of heaven.
Once I dug myself out of the heap of laundry, which took a few days, it was time for Mom to come visit us in Michigan! Dad joined her after a few days and we spent a nice long weekend with them visiting and just being together. We went to Frankenmuth on Saturday and had a nice time letting Dad wheel Carly around in her stroller while Mom had a panic attack that she couldn't find him.....that's a whole story on its own!....and we finished off the day with a carriage ride, perhaps our favorite thing to do when we visit there.
Mom and Dad went back home last Monday and Eric spent a week off of work, playing World of Warcraft all day and taking care of Carly to give me a break. On Friday we went to Joshua's school for family fun day (showed up an hour late, poor Josh!) and then we spent a lazy weekend since Eric had a cold for his birthday, which was Sunday.
Its been a bumpy couple of weeks for me personally. Having mom and dad go home was hard for this girl's soul, having them here to carry some of the day to day load was really nice. Lately its been difficult to "go through the motions" while the adoption is on stall. I am very fortunate to have good friends, one in particular, to hold me together and a husband that understands I am trying really hard not to be a wreck 24/7. We are still waiting on termination of the birth mother's rights and placement with us and it sure seems like it might never happen at this rate! So cross your fingers again, if you have uncrossed them.
On a happy note, I will post a new picture for your viewing pleasure. I would post Legoland pictures but I didn't take my camera and I haven't gotten the CD copy from mom yet. If you'd like to see that visit you can check out my brother's website:
http://mail.jule-art.com/~benjamin/index.html
This picture is Josh and the carriage from Frankenmuth, our horses name was Rock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!