Perspectives

So first off, if you know me at all you know I am extremely lazy despite my good intentions.
Having said that: I have finally scanned in 6 of the pictures that Joshua and his cousin Kadin took during our foray to Legoland. I tried uploading this pictures about 5 times and they won't load! So for now you'll have to pretend to see them and I'll try to get them up asap.
These pictures do make me think though....its fascinating to see that what is picture worthy/interesting for Joshua is rather ordinary to me. Of course, I don't discount that half the fun of these pictures for Josh was just pushing the button to hear a satisfactory click. But back to the point. As human beings we can all see things so differently, and stepping out of our box to view things from the other side can be really really hard. Particularly when you're as stubborn and narrow minded as I am. Lately I am pretty closed in to my own little box, very much focused on ME and my MOMENT. This, of course, is not entirely healthy. And lately so many moments are tinged with just that slight bit of sadness. Sadness, you ask? Well, that is a by product of being in a situation I can not control. Every milestone is marred by the realization that its not "official" or that the structure of our family can be swiped away at any moment. Am I rambling? I am probably pretty depressing. But honestly, the mere fact that I can THINK about these things is a good sign. A couple weeks ago, there seemed to be no outside of the box. At least for today I know it exists. And I feel ALMOST hopeful. And if my bootstraps are not all the way pulled up, at least I am tugging on them.
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." - Martha Washington
Here's to hoping for brighter days, different perspectives, and appreciation for the ordinary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!