Just when time starts to speed up it gets even faster...

We are having an eventful week. August is always busy and this August is living up to its reputation. A recap of the past few and coming days:
~Carly is taking her first shaky steps. She stands up in the middle of the floor, considers her options and occassionaly takes a few wobbly steps before chickening out and reverting to crawling.
~Carly turns a year old on Friday. Among her favorite pastimes: spinning in circles while sitting on the kitchen floor, following Josh everywhere, grabbing everything, putting everything in her mouth, ignoring her toys in favor of anything small and choke-able, bouncing on her daddy's knee, clapping, playing the role of DIVA.
~Joshua had his baptism interview and will be baptized on August 20th. Scary for mom, exciting for Josh.
~After almost a year, Carly's birth mom finally came to court and signed away her parental rights. That's what I said, right's have been terminated!! We don't really know what step is next but its the best news about the adoption we've had since Carly came home from the hospital. Somebody pinch me!
~Next Friday Josh will turn 8 and on August 14th Eric and I will celebrate our 9th anniversary. Wow.
~Charlotte is coming for Joshua's baptism and we can't wait!
Busy, busy, busy. Add in Dr. appointments and pictures to be taken...well lets just say I plan to remember this month as a blur.

Comments

Silly Teacher said…
WOO HOO!!!! Yea!!! I'm sooooo happy for you! I'll tell you the next step, finalization of the adoption in court, the new birth certificate with your names on it, name and a blessing AND temple sealing!!!!! In case you can't tell, I am thrilled. Speaking of sealing, where will it take place? NM?
Sarah said…
If we can afford it, we will make the trip to NM for the sealing and we'd love to have you come! I'll share more news when we hear it!

p.s. I read about your OSG and I'm disgusted. Be reassured that we love you and your letters and blog. Don't let a dork discourage that creative streak that makes me smile so frequently!
Silly Teacher said…
Thanks Sarah, when you come!!!! I'll fill you in on the details of this disturbing incident that has gone on for the past year and a 1/2. It's really sad.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!