Frustration and other happenings at 4 a.m.

So one of the things I like about my myspace page is that it lets me link music right into it so as soon as you click on to my page you know what kind of a mood I'm in that day/week/month. Why won't blogger let me do that? This whole notion of getting my music free off the internet just makes me want to scream. Let's say I reaaaaally like this new song and I want to link it and play it on my page. Basically the artist is getting a free ad from me, an endorsement if you will, at no cost. Now sure, this can be abused and what not, but if someone heard that song on my page and reaaaaaaaally like it they are more likely to buy a cd or see a show. Right? I just want to play some music on my blog!
ANYHOW, yes it is 4 a.m.
My other thought is that Yahoo! posted an article about Mormonism and polygamy. Though it was not in depth and fairly objective (only a hint of disbelief mixed in) I just think...my goodness! I don't understand why polygamy is so hard to understand in the modern world. Most of Christianity has read the Bible and knows that the Biblical prophets had many wives AND concubines. I don't see such a big difference between that and early Mormonism. I'd also like to say that I would not be too keen to share my husband, and that in this modern era the idea is outdated. But, to continually defend our "weirdness" is tiring. I'd like to state for the record that what Warren Jeffs is doing is NOT acceptable. Underage girls should never be forced/traded/taught into polygamy. That is crossing the line into abuse, plain and simple.
Anyhow, those are my two cents...they are a bit scattered since - as I mentioned - its 4 a.m. Yes, I am going to go sleep now :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE the new page! LOVE IT!!!
It reminds me of the Heidi Swapp hibiscus stamp, which I desperately want...

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!