This is what happens when you don't watch TV

Ok so we haven't really watched tv in our house for a long time. You could argue, pretty justifiably, that this is not a bad thing. Most of our entertainment comes from playing WoW, which could be called a waste of time but I would say is better than mindless TV watching by far and has also led me to meet some of the coolest, most fun, interesting people I know....oh wait, getting distracted. Back to TV. So, we decided to get cable......mostly because Eric misses ESPN and because Carly really enjoys watching YouTube Backyardigans episodes. She's 18 months old, and yes! we're going to let her watch TV. On the Yahoo! homepage it shows recaps of what's going to be on tonight and one of my favorite shows that I do actually miss watching was listed: Gilmore Girls. I click and begin reading the episode recaps for this year, since I haven't seen a single episode of the new season. And about halfway through I am shocked to find out: Loreali married Christopher! WHAT!?!?!?!???!???! Double WHAT?!?!!?! I'm so MAD! Darn TV! How ... why!? .... GAH! I mean honestly! She BELONGS! with LUKE! And it is at this point that I remind myself its just a TV show...... (frowning!)
Anyhow, I thought I'd share.
And....as for things you actually care about: Josh got a report card last week ish and it was better than we expected. All his marks were good, writing aside, and he was called 'a delight'. Carly has 6 teeth and more coming in and is starting to say words and phrases...mostly imitations with no meaning but what's cuter than a wandering toddler saying "where's Josh" over and over whether she's looking for him or not? AND she plays the harmonica. Well, not really plays but can make noise come out of it that is not altogether appalling.
Oh ya....and its frrrrrreeeeeeezzzzzinnnnnngggg!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We boxed up our TV a while back and don't miss it at all (except for rare moments like the Olympics or some sports championships.) How long are you planning to keep the cable? I used to get sucked into all those home improvement/organizing shows and the Food Network.

Exciting to hear about Carly's developments and compare to her "Boston twin". Helen has sixteen teeth now. She plays the harmonica, too and has a gift for music and rhythm. Maybe some day down the road we can get these two together for a jam session.

Colleen

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

And I didn't prepare a speech!

Forty three