The big (gasp) Three Oh!

Somehow it snuck up on me. About three hours ago I left my twenties behind. Its odd, really. I have felt like I'm 20 for the last ten years - and now I'm not even half right.
Some goals for the fateful year:
Say what I mean and mean what I say. No really! Its cliche but one of my biggest faults, in my opinion. I want everyone around me to be "happy" so I keep my real thoughts mostly to myself. I probably will never be very expressive but hopefully when I do say things they will be 100 percent truth. And I will follow through. Key word: hopefully.
Figure out who I am. Most days lately I don't feel like I have a clue who I am, what I want, or even what's wrong. Eric looks at me with that "oh no, not again, she's upset" look more and more; and it feels like my choices are all slightly off.
Be less selfish and more selfless. Sounds the same but its really not.
Be more grateful.
Take a class. I'm thinking Spanish.
Lose my love handles.....even if they are something to hide behind.
Build some steady walls - purely a heart protection measure.
Appreciate what I have instead of crying over what I don't.
I'm probably not being even a little bit realistic. I could go on for quite a while about the faults I'd like to fix. Mostly, by this time next year, I'd like to look in the mirror and even if I don't like what I see, understand it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!