The Many Sides of Josh

Josh boy endlessly fascinates me. For very many reasons beyond the fact that he actually popped out of me, he has tthe power to captivate, melt, enrage, frustrate and confuse me. A few examples of his spell binding powers from just today:



- constant humming of "I don't believe in you anymore" by maroon five, just the chorus. (I am not going to bother to pretend that this is the official title, I have no idea what its really called)



- minute attention to the details of his lego island, boat, and fortress and yet complete inability to remember that I asked him to put the empty milk jug in the trash.



- running outside at 2 am (his dad said he could stay up at late as he wanted) and yelling "Dang it!" into the night, then back inside and into the bathroom to yell "dang it!" again, then back to the kitchen to plop in front of the computer and play WoW for just under five minutes.



- after hearing a loud crash from upstairs, running up behind me with fear practically oozing from his pores saying "I hope Poppa's ok, is Poppa ok? I hope he's ok." After verifying that Poppa is sound asleep (it was actually daddy that rolled off the bed) repeating "I'm glad Poppa was ok. Poppa was ok" relief washing the flush slowly from his face.

- falling asleep on the couch watching Godzilla, the face of an angel.



I couldn't be more blessed than to have this chubby cheeked boy called Joshy Tommy.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!