The Worst Kept Secret

So, if I know my Dad, 90% of the free world (at least 90% of the people that read this blog) now know that Eric might possibly be getting transferred to Houston. This was a top secret bit of information that we were keeping top secret at least until June (other than a select few that we told who have tight lips). However, what was unforeseen was the swiftness with which Joshua would spill this secret when he talked to Grandpa on the phone. It took less than 2 minutes for Josh to start talking about what Houston might be like. Even more impressive, my Dad was able to scare Josh about possible hurricanes and alligators despite being caught completely off guard by Josh's bit of news. I know he's told Ben and co because I received a phone call from Ben this afternoon (sorry I missed it, I did try to call you back at the number you called from but it went straight to a voicemail).

So here's the knitty gritty dirt. Eric was pulled aside by a VP type about 2 weeks ago. He at first thought he was going to be in trouble but instead the VP said "Hey we hear you're doing a great job. We're starting a new project in Houston and wondered if you would like to be considered." He was shocked and said he had to ask his wife/family. I was all for it immediately. I think a fresh start would be so great for us PLUS housing in Houston is much muCH MUCH cheaper, as in actually affordable without selling our souls. I have been looking at all kinds of houses (of course with half closed eyes since we have no idea where the office is or anything) and checking out suburbs and such. I am trying really hard not to get excited or hopeful but its insanely hard. We won't know for sure until June, however Eric was told today that both his boss and a guy from his office that was transferred down to work on the project have recommended him. He should be first on the list for an available position. Read heavy italics on should. Eric's dad is totally on board to come with us, he likes the idea of warmer weather and cheaper cost of living. He likes the idea of seeing a new place. Josh isn't sold on the idea (and dad's scare tactics didn't help!) but we're telling him that the Gulf is nearby along with the Alamo and Six Flags. Carly is, of course, clueless. Anyhow, heavy on the maybes all the way around but cross your fingers.

In other news, Joshua had a so so week at school last week and I had hoped we were turning a corner but instead today he left all the stuff for his project - due tomorrow - at school. Since we couldn't do a full job based on the work he already did, I made him basically start the project from scratch. We spent 4 hours working on homework tonight. FOUR HOURS! It's just miserable. I emphasized to him when we were done that he could have avoided all that work if he had just been responsible and brought home/turned in his work. I hope he heard me. The project he is working on is called a Wax Museum. He did a research paper on George A. Custer and a poster. On Wednesday he is going to dress up as Custer and pretend to be a wax statue. He has a short speech to present when you push the "button" as you walk by. It should be fun to go to and I promise to take and post pictures.

Comments

Jamie Lyn said…
hey we havent heard anything from the parent ogram that would be so cool you would acutually be getting closer to the family, We know all about the whole leaving home work at school, or kadin just decides not to do it because it is boring or not appealing to him I will email you my new adress and phone number. On the 31 of this month is Ethan's 3rd birthday he is such a holy tyrant. OMG!!!! I love school. but having to figure out drs writing is a big challenge and someof the math!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!