The post wherein I am not complaining

Otherwise known as a great way to end a bad week:

Eric and Josh went to the father son campout tonight. In an effort to keep Carly from melting into a gooey pile of tears, Carly and I had a girl's night out. That's right, the boys went camping, the girls went shopping.

Carly got a very cute new pink hat and some shiney black mary jane shoes, I got a new pair of sandals (that Carly decided were not cute but I bought anyhow. I mean really, my 2 year old has good taste but she can't even match her socks). Afterward we went to Big Boy and had dinner, shared a strawberry milkshake and I didn't get mad that she only at about 1/4 of her hambaburger (that's how she says it). She didn't scream, I didn't scream, it was lovely. After we got home Carly played with her new shoebox, giving me the box that now held her old sandals, and singing "happy birday, happy birday, happy birday!"

This evening a thunderstorm rolled through the area bringing the smell of rain and the boys home from camping early.

Comments

Heather said…
I love the mommy daughter time during Father & Sons. Looks like I'll be getting even more of it next year.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

And I didn't prepare a speech!

Forty three