Wish list

I perhaps have mentioned before that I love to read. Give me a good book and I'll devour it in a matter of days; many of my favorite books are read over and over again. So, it goes without saying that I'm very intrigued by this little gadget:

It's called a Kindle and its offered by Amazon.com for the low, low (are they kidding?!) price of $399. For that paltry sum you get free 2 day shipping and you get to pay for the cost of the books you load on top of that.

If you're like me, the sticker shock probably made your heart palpitate. Once I watched the informative video though, I decided I do kinda want one. OK so more than kinda, but not for $400. The books are cheaper than buying them off the shelf (in most cases) with new releases averaging $10. However, does the cheaper book price really make up for the initial selling of your arm and leg? The jury is still out on that one. This is one case where I am glad I don't have a credit card to use because I was tempted, am tempted, to buy this little piece of bookworm heaven. $400 though...that's a lot of books I could put on my shelf. Or a plane ticket home. Or a few nice dinners out. Or half a month's rent. Or a month's worth of groceries (almost).

I can just see my letter to Santa this year: Dear Santa, I know that gas prices are so high I can barely fuel my car, but there is this gadget for reading books. BOOKS! You know how I feel about those! If you can find it in your heart to have the elves make one...or have amazon.com take pity and provide one for free...either way, you know, I promise to be a good girl.

Comments

Heather said…
I have been hearing about these for a while. They sound cool... but I'm with you on the price.

Come on that's 100 gallons of gas these days.
Jamie Lyn said…
Sarah you are so funny!! Well it is true we are staying with mom and dad we came across a case of bad luck!!! This too shall pass. I will be finshing school and get my certification and be done in september.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!