The best way to end a grumpy day

Is clearly a visit to the beach.

Best parts of an afternoon beach sittin:

~ Carly mothering the birds: "Don't eat that bird! Bird! Don't eat that!"
~ Watching Josh get knocked over by a crashing wave and then seeing him pop up grinning.
~ Sand in my shoes and between my toes.
~ Seaweed attacking Josh.
~ The sound of crashing, rolling surf.
~ Salty lips.
~ Carly wearing her sunglasses on top of her head instead of over her eyes. It's all about the look.
~ Never having the camera ready at just the right moment...like when Josh was picking his swimsuit out of his bum. Or when the water dragged it down to expose his carpenter tan.
~ Sand stuck in Carly's eyelashes.
~ The satisfying thump of sand as it falls out of Josh's swimsuit on the bathroom floor in a wet heap. (Josh described this to me in detail, so I know its bonafide).

I'm still cranky - let's blame it on an almost 3 year old that decided 3 a.m. was the PERFECT time to be awake - but at least it's only half-power crankiness now.

(I promise, pictures as soon as I find a way to get them off the camera. I think I even got the aforementioned sandy eyelashes.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!