Kingman, Barstow, Anaheim?

We made it safely to sunny CA and are enjoying our stay with Cha-Cha, Queen of Legos. She moved to the LA area about nine months ago and this has been our first chance to come mess up her new digs. We spent a couple of hot days (HOT!) doing nothing in particular which is just fine with me. Charlotte is just one of those people I feel at ease with, no need to run around or make things happen. On Monday we went to the LA Air and Space, Science and Natural History museum. They have a really nice set up down town where you can visit most of the museums and such for only $6. The Natural History museum cost extra, but its a very nice museum overall and Charlotte paid so I'm not going to complain.
Tuesday we went to Disneyland! Other than being crazy expensive, it was a very good time. The weather had cooled off a little bit, which was a blessing. It was very very crowded but we still managed to ride some rides and shop and we stayed late enough for the fireworks (even though Carly was close to seeing some spectacular up close and personal mommy fireworks of her own...) which were great. Tinkerbell even flies over the Cinderella castle, how cool is that? Josh's favorite ride was Thunder Mountain Railroad, I really liked the teacups because we could all go together (and it's Alice in Wonderland, awesome!) and Cha-Cha's favorite was Buzz Lightyear. We managed to break 2 rides...I blame Josh...but nothing major, only a little bit of waiting around for them to get started again. By the end of the night I was very foot sore (thank goodness for Cha-Cha who graciously carried the sleepy/grumpy Carly) and tired but happy.
Charlotte had to go out of town today for work and will be back on Friday. I'm alone in LA and I know where Rodeo Drive is....ish.
The news from the home front is a mixed bag. We got the word that Houston is out, which we were sad about, but we had been talking with a guy that used to be in our ward (we don't actually know him, he moved a while ago) that has a house for rent. He agreed to rent us his house with a 2 year lease so as soon as I get back home, it will be time to move! We can move in on July 15 so hopefully Eric is packing up some stuff and not throwing away anything that I care about. The new place is much much bigger than what we have currently and the kids and Poppa will have a place to play without tripping over each other. The backyard butts right up to a nice neighborhood park, a feature I know Josh and Carly will love and it has more room than we have furniture (what a shame, I have to buy some...) It does need some updating like paint and such but we can take whatever upgrades we make out of our rent.
I have lots of pictures to post, but no card reader or usb cord so you'll just have to wait with baited breath for a while longer...just don't turn blue.

Comments

Heather said…
Wow, sounds like you are having fun. I'm dying about the mommy fireworks.... I have given more of those shows than I'd like to admit.
Lacey said…
Hey congrats on the move! How exciting! Glad you are having fun on vacation!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!