A funny thing happened on the way to the airport

Ethan (my nephew): When I'm bigger I'm going to fly on a plane.
Me: Where will you go?
Ethan: On Southwest.
Me: But where will you go?
Ethan: On Southwest.
Me: Where will Southwest take you?
Ethan: To see Jesus. And there will be a Chuck E Cheese and I'll get tickets.
Me: I don't think there is a Chuck E Cheese on Southwest.
Ethan: Yes there is.

---

Josh: Some states have funny laws. Like in New Mexico you can't have a certain kind of pickle.
Me: What?
Josh: You can't have the pickles I like in New Mexico.
Me: Yes you can.
Josh: But Uncle Ben said they're illegal.
Me: I think Uncle Ben was kidding.
Josh: No, Uncle Ben said that the kind of pickles I like are illegal.
Me: I think Uncle Ben tricked you.
Josh: (mouth open, dawning comprehension) Ohhh.
Me: He got you good, huh?
(Josh likes dill pickles, btw)

---

If ever, by chance, 2 three year olds are in the other room being much too quiet it is quite likely they are eating an entire advent calendar's chocolates.

Me: Did you eat Grandma's chocolates? (Trying to sound stern while suppressing laughter is not easy.)
Ethan: I only had one (trying to convince someone you've only had one chocolate with your mouth completely ringed in gooey brown sweetness is nigh impossible.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wisdom from the mouths of babes! I want to know where that chocolate calendar was, Grandma always beleives me when I say you are the one who did it (not me!).

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!