Someday

You know what I want to be when I grow up?

A good person.  An honest person.  A trustworthy person.  

I want to be a friend, a wife, a compassionate caretaker, a mother, a listener. 

I want to doctor small injuries to the body and fix the fissures of the soul.  I want to lend my advice when it's asked for.  I want to keep it to myself when it's not.  

I want to be attentive and kind.  I want to be understanding and thoughtful.  I want to be full of perspective and yet morally narrow minded.  I want to know why I believe in what I believe in. 

I want to share what I have with a thankful heart.  I want to accept charity and service with a smile.  

I want to do harm to none.

And I'm going to start by taking a Sunday ride with my family.

Comments

That Girl said…
I hope you had fun - looks like you're growing up already.
Heather said…
Sounds great.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!