Unsettled

That's the feeling around here. Bored, too - maybe a little bit. I think it probably has something to do with the time of year, perched right between spring and summer and not really wholly invested in either one.

I'm sure it has something to do with the current circumstances too - one foot out the door, the other firmly planted on Michigan soil; boxes part packed and many things pressing their way into the 'to-do' list. This morning I was not even able to list them all for this week. (Besides that, the things I keep putting off are getting kind of embarrassing.)

I've been singing "There is gold in the eye of the morning, in Michigan, where I was born!" to myself for about a week now (from the song Michigan Morn - if you pop over to listen to the song be sure and note the piano part that sounds like waves lapping the shore, the beautiful and unusual harmonies, and the fun timing. This is one of my most favorite songs from my time with the Michigan Concert Choir). In truth, some part of me was born in Michigan. The grown up, mother, wife part of me. I wonder how those parts will change when we are uprooted. I am banking on for the better.

We're less than 3 weeks from moving now. 16 days til the moving van arrives, 17 days until the movers come pack us up, 18 days until we hit the road, Jack.

Amazing.

Comments

Heather said…
countdown...
Jamie Lyn said…
the time is coming for u to be leaving where u started your new life and getting ready to start a new adventure in the crazy life of edgewood nm.... The kids are goin to think it is great!!! we are getting excited for you guys to get here!!!
Pam said…
I truly hate good-byes! Thank you for your help this evening. I am going to miss you terribly!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!