I have

- argued my point

- driven a car

- given birth

- walked to school

- gone to work

- moved

- disciplined my kids

- joined a choir

- gone to school

- surfed the net

- voted

- purposely not voted

- danced

- walked tall

- felt small

- cooked and cleaned

- dipped my toes in the Pacific and 4 of the Great Lakes

- seen all 5 Great Lakes and Niagara Falls

- driven practically coast to coast

- lived in another country

- snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef

- visited Disneyland

- watched TV

- gone to the movies

- paid a speeding ticket fine

- taken a helicopter ride

- gone shopping even though I don't need a thing

- wasted time

- produced results

- crossed the Mississippi in my car

- adopted a child

- flown on an airplane

- donated money

- taken charity

- watched the sun rise and set

- seen the stars fall from the sky

- played in the rain

- been dazzled by the lightening

- hiked a trail or two

- pee'd outside

- gone camping

- stood on the rim of the Grand Canyon

- had my tonsils removed

- watched fireworks explode across the sky

- crossed bridges

- felt the Colorado River flow around me

- changed

- stayed stubbornly the same

- tasted the sweet fruits of joy and life

- drunk from the bitter cup of sorrow and death

I have lived free.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Comments

Heather said…
I'm still reading, even though I've been lame at commenting. I'll do better. My posts are dead in the comment area too, but then again I'm not posting that often either. I'm totally in a blog rut.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

And I didn't prepare a speech!

Forty three