Have you ever googled an illness just because maybe, possibly, you think you might have said illness?
It's a fascinating process, especially when Google totally reads your mind and fills in the blank for you. Is that a sign? Should I take it as one? Google totally gave me a sign today.
So I googled this certain illness/disease/condition and read about the fun symptoms associated with it. Let's go down the list, shall we?
- Night sweats - check (but don't forget the random fluctuation from cold to burning hot)
- Hot flashes - redundant check
- Insomnia - check but also a normal state of being for me
- Headaches - yup
- Joint or muscle pain - occasional
- Body shape changes are also common, causing you to put on weight around the abdomen - and here I thought gravity had just changed direction
- Water retention - I wouldn't know, what with this spare tire inflated around my middle
- Emotional ups and downs - Should I laugh or cry about this one? Check
- Anxiety - Have you met my parents? This is inherited. Nevertheless, check
- Cravings - Can I have chocolate on that? Check!
- Forgetfulness - Dude I haven't seen my brain since I gave birth. Check
- Fatigue - Triple check
- Mood swings - Seriously, check
- Depression - Isn't that just the bottom end of the last symptom? Check
The good news is, I'm pretty sure I'm not dying (phew). The bad news is, I have to go to the Dr. I think to figure this out. And I really don't like doctors. Especially when they do that weighing in thing.