I am Grateful

for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the anchor and guiding force in my life.

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has gently, but firmly, lead me to this place in my life.  Each step along the way has been part of His plan for my life.  And even though I have screwed up on multiple occassions, and even though I continue to falter and stumble along, He has never abandoned me.

He led me to my husband, a 'chance' meeting that changed my life.

He gave me two loving parents that have been the steady support in my life through every storm.

He gave me two more parents, Eric's mom and dad, who accepted and loved me as their own from the very first day.

He gave me brothers and sisters - some by blood, some by marriage, some by love - who have influenced and changed my perception of the world and myself.

He gave me the most amazing son, one whose pure and simple goodness staggers me.

He gave me the shining light that is Carly, the daughter that fixed my broken heart.

He gave me all I have, His generosity and goodness are more than I deserve - and yet He continues to give and love and guide.


“Never forget that you came to earth as a child of the divine Father, with something of divinity in your very makeup. The Lord did not send you here to fail. He did not give you life to waste it. He bestowed upon you the gift of mortality that you might gain experience – positive, wonderful, purposeful experience – that will lead to life eternal life.” - Gordon B. Hinckley

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!