Dearest Children,

I wrote a different post today, and published it.  One that wasn't about you in particular, but about politics.

Then I went over to navel gazing at its finest and I read a sweet, heartbreaking post about being a mother when you don't know how to fix things...and I decided I had written the wrong thing today.

See the thing is  I have been holding back from posting mommy things lest the world think I am a one trick pony.  I am good at mommy posts (I think) and that is because my whole world revolves around you two. 

And I wouldn't change that.  Not ever.

But I'm afraid that being a mommy isn't good enough.  That writing about you endlessly is capital B O R I N G to the world at large.  That letting you fill up my whole view until the sun is eclipsed by your wonder somehow depletes my contribution to society at large.

But reading that sweet, soft, wonderful post I realized writing about you, for you, and to you doesn't mean I'm not enough on my own.  It just means that this is where I am right now.  Right now I am with you, for you, and about you.

And I really wouldn't change that.  Not ever.

I love you.

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!