In my own little corner

In my own little room, I can be whatever I want to be.


Maybe today, a photographer catching just the right moment like water in a basin.

Maybe tomorrow, a writer pulling moments like thread.

Maybe yesterday, a daughter.  Tomorrow, a mother.  Sometimes messy, sometimes organized (mostly not), occasionally funny and a little bit sassy.  

In my own little corner, I'm an astronaut, a doctor, a southern belle, a flaming-liberal-conservative.  I choose who to be, what to say, where to go.

"In the night I sally forth to seek my quarry
And I find I forgot to bring my gun
I am lost in the jungle, all alone and unarmed
When I meet a lioness in her lair

Then I’m glad to be back in my own little corner
All alone, in my own little chair"
- Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!