Giving thanks: Day 1

One week until eat-your-til-your-buttons-pop day.  Better known as Thanksgiving.  Unless you're Canadian, in which case you're already a month past the turkey.  But anyhow. 

To prepare myself for the feast, I'm going to do the standard "I'm thankful for" routine.  Sorry, but I am thankful for so many things.  I might as well list a few.  For posterity or something.

Today, I'm thankful for my son's poem.  He's writing a poem about the Thanksgiving Blizzard (he says it is a real thing, I've never heard of it before but whatev.)  Once he gets a final version together, I'll post it up for you.  See how generous I am?  Until then, my favorite part so far:

"Our village was destroyed.
It looked like a mountain in winter.
The giant was no longer employed.
Our pain was worse than a splinter."

If that doesn't make you smile, you might be dead inside.

Just sayin.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Of course Joshy Boy would have a poem about destruction, pain, and generally "peuing" stuff. I can't wait to see more!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!