Seven little monkies jumping on the bed

Day 7 - Most Underrated Book

Hmm

Hmmmmmm

This is hard.  It's not like I'm some kind of expert, and I haven't read nearly so many books as some of my friends.  Most underrated book....I don't really read reviews, either.  I guess I will pick a current book I've read that didn't get a lot of press.  I wouldn't call it the MOST underrated EVER, but given it's fresh approach and fun plot, City of Bones.  It's book 1 in a series and has done fairly well sales wise, but you just don't hear about it like Twilight, Hunger Games, HP or any of the other hot-on-the-markets out there. 

Let me just add that this was a token offering after a lot of "I have no clue" blankness.  An author that I consider underrated is Zane Grey.  He wrote a lot of western novels and many of them were made into movies.  He is fairly well known but I think his popularity peaked back in the golden age of movie westerns.  Zane wrote many beautiful western novels worth reading, has a town named after him, and just sounds cool. 

Comments

Tami said…
Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz. Hands down. I thought practically everything about it was amazing - the way she told the story, the characters themselves, the truth of the actual incident. Just excellent.
Tami said…
Oh! One more! Lives of the Monster Dogs by Kirsten Bakis. I can't even find it at most libraries, but I loved it. LOVED it.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!