That Sinister Beeping is Just Your Alarm Clock Telling You To Wake Up Already

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.  It was the side I always wake up on, actually, but today when my feet hit the floor my mood hit the basement.  And we don't even have a basement. 

Perhaps it was my toe.  It's really sore.  I'd regale you with the story of why it's really sore, but you probably don't care and toes fall into that realm of the interweb most of us should really keep private.  For the good of others.

Maybe it was because I hate waking up early.  And yes, for me early is anything before 10 am.  I'm an adult and I am entitled to hating the morning.  I will never be a morning person, no matter how I try.  And yes, I have had jobs and school and other reasons to wake up before the sun rises.  I prefer to wake up after the sun is already well on it's way to mid-sky-position.  Early to bed, early to rise, yes I know.  But I don't have to like it. 

Maybe it was just the general way-too-hottedness of the last couple of days.  But that is flimsy at best.  I love summer, though I'd rather not roast.  I'll take a 95 degree day over a 20 degree day ANY day.  That's a lot of days for one sentence.

Perhaps it was the general apathy that follows way-too-much-to-do.  I don't really have that much to do, just taking the kids to swim lessons and all the regular other duties of mominess and an online class, but for me it's a lot.  I'm lazy, you see.  Lazy and proud.

Long story short, I don't know what it was, but things are looking up.  Pancakes for lunch which I didn't have to make.  That's a good start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!