Forget Me Not Thought

Forget not that the Lord loves you

I dream about things sometimes, you know?  Build big castles in the air, floating on clouds, sailing through the blue.  I wonder, what would I do?  With a million dollars - a thousand dollars sometimes.  If I was famous.  If I finally did write that book.  Happy, good, childish dreams.  Nightmares, too, but we won't talk about those.

Have you ever sat and listened, just listened, to the in-out-in of breathing?  To the delicate way air flows in and sighs back out?  Have you ever felt the heaving in-out-in of a child's chest as they slept?  Right next to your thrumming heart, their warmth making you sweat.  Have you traced the gentle curve of their chubby cheek, moving so softly they twitch from the finger's kiss?  You should try it.

I often get distracted.  Building those castles can be very time consuming, filling me up.  Eventually, I realize those fluffy dreams are nothing more than vapor, and so they disappear.  But, not only dreams.  Sometimes it's chores that claim my attention.  Or school.  Grades.  Dinner.  Clothes.  Sleep.  Pride.  Sometimes they combine into a blur of noise and the real things get lost.  Buried deep.

I'm trying really hard.  To be less mean and much more patient.  I don't often succeed.  I'm trying really hard to read good books, keep things clean, share the load without complaining how it's handled once I've given it over.  I'm trying hard to love myself, to see beyond the reflection and into the soul.  I want to have a good soul.  I want to take risks, knowing they won't all pay off.  I want to dream bigger, make castles that do more than just float in the air.  I want to be kind and thoughtful and generous.  Most days the list seems very long, the road impossible, the path too thorny, the vessel to imperfect.  Some days I just feel so tired.

But, then when I am just ready to set the burdens down, I remember.

"No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love.

Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!
He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name—you are the [children] of His kingdom. The Psalmist wrote:
“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
“What is man, that thou art mindful of him? …
“For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.”
God loves you because you are His child. He loves you even though at times you may feel lonely or make mistakes. The love of God and the power of the restored gospel are redemptive and saving. If you will only allow His divine love into your life, it can dress any wound, heal any hurt, and soften any sorrow." ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf




First Forget Me Not Thought Here
Part Duex Here


Comments

Unknown said…
Well I just read this post and the one above it. First the one above it...I feel that loss of control over things in Zaya's life and the realization that we had better have a good relationship now to be able to weather all the storms later. Having kids does nothing if not help us understand our Saviors love for us and how he would be willing to take all our sins upon himself...to spare us if we choose to repent. This post is good too, it's SO important to be grateful and aware of all our blessings to stop and just focus on one thing and let everything else slip away. You're a good writer, when are you starting a book?

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!