Once upon a time

I got to check out of my life for almost a month.


I got to stick my feet and hands in the sand, feeling the joy of small and simple things.


I dreamed fantastical dreams, imagining what it would be like to live in those big places
with lots and lots of money and very little worry.

I got to act silly for absolutely no reason.  Just because it felt good.


And dance lightly across the pounding waves.


And for a little while, everything was perfect.

I highly recommend it.

*special thanks to Cha-Cha, Queen of Legos, for the great pictures and letting us visit*

Comments

TinierTim said…
Hey Sarah, I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your writing. This is a sweet post about your vacation.

By the way, not everybody who lives here has a lot of money :).

Glad you enjoyed your trip to California. It is a beautiful and remarkable place!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!