Under Pressure

Tonight I am filling out an app for grad school.  This is the third I have worked on, and each one has wanted really different stuff so no copy/pasting to make life easier.  This one is also the school I most want to get into and there is only 4 days until the deadline.  Procrastination always keeps my life interesting.

On the upside, plans for my celebatory graduation trip are underway.  Plane tickets procurred, hotels currently under investigation, and a whole lot of dreaming going on.  But you know what they say, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere!  Maybe even grad school.


---


(A little sample of my application letter, if you please):


When I was about thirteen years old, my grandmother introduced me to Tony Hillerman.  Not in person, of course, but to his novel Skinwalkers.  My grandmother was an avid reader of all sorts of fiction and non-fiction, in addition to being a highly educated and well-travelled lover of life; Skinwalkers provided a link between us that remains unbroken even though she passed away in 2008.  It also forged a link between my writer’s heart and the landscapes of New Mexico.  I think I must have started writing before I could even perform the physical act of putting pen to page.  For as long as I can remember, I have inhabited fabulous places in my head.  Pretending was my game of choice when I was young, and I spent hours imaging the who, what, where, and why of it all.  Around the same time my grandmother introduced me to Hillerman, my middle school English teacher introduced me to creative writing and suddenly my imaginary worlds had a home. 

Comments

Pam said…
You are completely awesome! I am looking to go back to school to become a hypnotherapist. I plan to use this to be qualified to teach hypnobirthing classes.
Sarah said…
Ooo! You are going to be so awesome at that! I wish I had you to help me when Josh made his infamous entrance to the world, I think it would have been a much different experience! Love you girlie!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!