Circling

How do you feel? 

Facebook keeps asking me that like it is a living, breathing person who cares.  Silly facebook, I know you're not real. 

But still.

I feel overwhelmed.  I have so much to do and not enough hours in the day.  If I sleep in (which I did), I scrutinize those minutes and wonder if they are wasted.  If I watch TV, play a game, do nothing, I feel like I'm running behind.

I am too busy.

But not too busy for facebook to keep asking me how I'm doing.

I guess that's ironic.

Or it's just that I need to sometimes come up for air.  For pause.  For full stop (like this weekend when I ran around California with my sister and ate lots of In-n-Out.  It was good, the burgers and the running and especially my sister.)

I felt refreshed, and then I pushed play.

And now - how do I feel?

Overwhelmed.  There are not enough hours in the day.  If I sleep - well, why don't we find out?

Comments

Karisa said…
Wow! I'm jealous of California, sister, and In and Out!

I'm glad you got a small break though! It keeps us sane in our perpetual overwhelmedness.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!