Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

You know when you see someone again and it's been, like, forever, and you're not really even sure that you're getting their name right and you wonder WHAT on EARTH they've done to their hair/face/body/children and you can't quite find the right words to fill the gap between time and space?

My second year of teaching is just beginning - and isn't that a wonder?  Last year...let's just say, we all survived.  Last year involved:

- Commuting home (2 hours, one way) almost every weekend
- The kids and I here (in Espanola, where I teach) while Eric stayed in Edgewood
- Putting our (still for sale) house on the market
- Two semesters of Master's classes (what was I thinking??? on the up side, I only have 1 semester left and I am DONE.  D. O. N. E.)
- Saturday's spent in professional development
- My first ever "work trip" to San Diego 

And this year:

- Josh is a Senior (whuuuut!)
- Carly started 5th grade
- We all live here in Espanola (double WHUT?)
- We're 2 weeks into school and I'm already doubting my life choices again.


Look, the truth is, last year was rough.  But, this year is looking up.  And maybe, just maybe, I might have time to update the blog again.  Time will tell.  Unless and until that happens, enjoy this picture of a llama.





Just kidding.  It's a herd of baboons. 



Comments

Pam said…
Totally started singing Lionel Richie. "They" say the first year of anything is the roughest. Let's hope "they're" right!!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!