"'Tis very certain the desire of life prolongs it." ~ Lord Byron

Eric's mom passed away peacefully this morning just before 10:00 am. She is the Queen Bee of our little hive, and we love her. She fought to the end, tried to talk and comfort us as she made her way home.

I am home with the kids, Carly of course is oblivious. Josh had a very hard time yesterday but today seems to be calm. Earlier his morning, before she passed, he was taking a bath with Carly and I came in to the bathroom to find him near tears. He said "My life will never be the same. I didn't know what to say except "Yes, honey, that's true."

I expected tears and distress when I told him that she had passed, but he just nodded and his little eyes filled with tears. He leaned against me and then was ok after a moment or two. I am sure the coming days will hold many ups and downs for this little man.

Eric is holding up, trying to be strong for his dad. I wish I could have gone to the hospital to help them, grieve with them, but I know that for now the best thing I can do is take care of their little love bugs.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers and ask you to continue to offer them on our behalf. We know that Ann is safe, at peace, and in no more pain. Annie was blessed with a few more years of a happy life to spend with the boys she loved so much. She was able to see her new granddaughter and stuck by us through the whole adoption process and I am so grateful her little namesake was made official before this happened. Annie was blessed with more life, we were blessed with more Annie.



Comments

Jenn said…
We love you and our hearts and prayers are with you.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!