Rose Colored Glasses

So every now and then, the Lord throws something in your path that is like a little nudge. A little bump that says "Hey, look how lucky you are" or "Hey, I know that your kids are making you want to have ear plugs surgically implanted but most of the time you love the sound of their voices. Like when they aren't yelling, that's good. Think about that more."
Reading the very good news of llegue and her family, I had one of those moments. I was literally holding back tears and remembering back to those sweet, sweet moments when I was waiting to meet my baby girl for the first time. There is a perfect agony that accompanies "the news" that a baby is coming - whether biological or adopted, the wait is so wonderful and so painful at the same time. Finding out that your baby - the one you've paid money for, opened up your home to strangers for, exposed your financial and personal background for - is breathing in the world and you're missing it is like nothing else you can imagine experiencing. Marvelously awful.
Tonight, in celebration of the new Tommy Boy, I am putting on my rose colored glasses, letting go of the tired, frustrated feelings from today, and thanking Heaven.

Alma 26:37 - “Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, … over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever.”

Comments

Silly Teacher said…
Hi sarah! yay us. E can comment more often now!!!

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!