In Piam Memoriam


Where have you gone?
Are you out among the stars,
Flying free on astral winds,
Or soaring with the clouds,
Dancing with the morning sunlight
Streaming through the trees?
When you crossed the sacred bridge of
After Life
Was your mother waiting there to hold you?
Did you find again the love of your life,
Was she smiling?

Where have you gone?
Did the pain vanish in the span of a breath,
Are you whole again,
Can you walk and run and dance?
My heart longs to see your blue eyes
One more time.
My hands still feel the warmth of your fingers
On Mine.
When my time comes, will I find you waiting?
When I run to your open arms,
Will you be smiling?

There are not words to frame my grief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!