Potion Making

Maybe this will be my lucky week. Maybe this week will be like I drank a swig of Felix Felicitus every morning after toothpaste. (I'm still reading Harry Potter, can you tell? The Half Blood Prince is in heavy competition as my favorite. It's either that or Deathly Hallows, although perhaps it is Prisoner of Azkaban. These are the questions for the ages.)

On Monday I spent the day with my friend Amy and her magical couch again. We've got no future together, the couch and I, but I'm not letting that get in the way of our relationship. We (minus the couch) also went shopping with another friend in tow, a good time had by all. And I somehow managed to finish 90% of the laundry that night. Plus the house got (almost) clean and the children were happy thanks to one Chuck E Cheese.

On Tuesday I spent the day with Amy again. She says she owes me for all this "babysitting." But, honest to goodness, these last couple of weeks have been some of the best of my life. Then last night we went to Scub Scouts (in Carly speak) and Josh received his Webelos badge. Or something. I got this nifty little pin for helping. But, let me tell you, I have not helped with a single part of it. It's all Eric.

Then today I went to Amy's house for lunch with Cute Pam, Kris, and Susan. Pam made this divine grilled chicken, I brought some buttered noodles and Susan provided a luscious spring salad with strawberries on top and a poppy & sesame seed dressing. A couple hours of food, chat and wonderful women. And I'm not usually the social, touchy feely type!

On Friday they announce the winner of the writing contest I entered. I have tried very hard not to think about it but perhaps putting it on my calendar has not helped much. I'm excited to find out if I won. Even though I'm sure I haven't. A part of me just hopes, with fingers crossed, that Harry Potter is rubbing off and this will be the magical potion week. It's on the right track so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!